Monday, February 8, 2010

Approaching Half-Term

Wow! I can't believe there are only 4 days until half term! It is going by so fast! But as most of you know I really LOVE it here! Would probably stay if I got the opportunity. I taught 2 double Maths lessons today, they both went pretty well, wish we were moving a little quicker through the curriculum, but that happens. I have the last lesson in our "Gases" unit for year 5 tomorrow. They are presenting their fact files on their choice of topic under the gases umbrella. One of my students already turned hers in and it is BRILLIANT! 10 points for Gryffindor! No, but really they get merit points that go towards house points, and I have the authority to give them out! Professor McGonagall, at your service :) She used scrap-booking and science to create here file discussing "Air" and what elements make up the air we breathe and uses for each one! I am thoroughly impressed! Next we start a unit on Space, which is absolutely my favorite science subject! but that is after half-term.

We went to London this weekend and had a nice relaxing weekend watching Rugby and visiting
friends. We had to watch our dear Welsh team loose to England in London, with our Welsh jerseys on and caught many dirty looks, but it was very fun; some playful banter going on.

We are heading to Dublin on Saturday. But not before we have a dinner party Friday evening. Chili and queso are the menu, courtesy of Mamaw, Papaw, and Jen's mom! Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment